Guidelines for Athletic Events
Here is a message from some of our Senior athletes.
Our coaches and leadership team have worked diligently to provide protocols for spectator and fan attendance so that we may safely conduct athletic events. Change can be hard when tradition is established, but to not only host athletic events but also allow spectator attendance, we must change behavior.
The current ADPH Health Order states that spectators are allowed to attend athletic events but shall not congregate within 6 feet of another person from another household except when absolutely necessary. Additionally, this order states that masks or other facial coverings that cover both mouth and nostrils must be worn at all times. Bessemer Academy will enforce these guidelines. If you feel you cannot adhere to these protocols, you may watch varsity football and volleyball from home via our live stream. Those not following these protocols will not be allowed to remain at the venue.
- Spectators shall not congregate within six feet of a person from another household unless absolutely necessary.
- Guests second grade and above must wear a mask that covers nostrils and mouth at all times once exiting the vehicles.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at concession stand and restrooms.
- Spirit line may only consist of cheerleaders.
- No fans or alumni on the sidelines. Coaches, players, and athletic trainers only.
- Chain gang members must wear masks.
- Do not congregate when game is over. Exit immediately.
- Children/students are not allowed on the playground, softball/baseball fields, or to play in other areas around buildings or stands.
- Only essential personnel are allowed in the press box, and masks must be worn by those who are not communicating with sideline personnel or broadcasting.
- During football, baseball or softball, concessions are sold. Please eat, dispose of trash, and immediately put masks back on.
- During basketball, concessions will be eaten in the lunchroom, so masks remain on in the gym bleachers. Please observe the marked areas for social distancing at tables in the lunchroom. There will be no concessions sold at volleyball games.
- No outside food allowed in the gym or stadium.
- No tailgating.
- Bessemer Academy reserves the right to refuse entry to any fan who refuses to follow protocol.
Thank you for your support of AISA athletics and understanding of the protocols that will be in place. Please remember similar guidelines are in place at all schools, so be prepared when you visit other campuses to avoid conflict or confrontation. We must use every measure possible to ensure the health and welfare of our BA family.
Notice of Risk
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. While visiting our campus, you understand that COVID-19 is a contagious disease and if infected you may exhibit no symptoms, mild symptoms, severe symptoms, and even death can occur. According to the Centers for Disease Control, senior citizens and persons with underlying conditions are particularly vulnerable. By visiting our campus, you voluntarily assume all risks related to the possible exposure to COVID-19 and agree to adhere to all posted or verbal instructions to help us mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Our goal is to provide a safe and healthy environment for our student-athletes to play the sports they love. Help us reach that goal by doing your part in maintaining a healthy BA family.